Her wounds came from the same source as her power.
by Adrienne Rich from Power
It is now 3 weeks since Michael Brown was murdered by Ferguson PD Officer Darren Wilson. Officer Darren Wilson still has not been arrested, charged, or even brought to prison or court for the murder of Michael Brown.
small (and some large) changes you can make to live a more female-centric life:
- value female friendships
- prioritise art made by women, including music, movies, books, visual art, etc.
- get involved in all-female group activities, whether it just be chillin with ur gal pals or having full blown feminist meetings
- be extra friendly and helpful to female strangers
- compliment the women in your life on things other than their appearance
- be vocal and unapologetic about your feminism
- listen to the wisdom of your female elders
- consider getting involved in women’s spirituality
- consider political celibacy if you’re heterosexual. this is an extreme measure and not for everyone, but it is powerful
- love and support all the women in your life. this includes yourself.
Excellent. Live Your Politics.
livin la vida lesbiana~
—Vladimir Nabokov, Pale Fire (via mirroir)